And so it began...

My intention for this blog is for it to be a record of my gaming experiences, trials, tribulations and painting and modelling efforts.

Sunday 20 January 2013

2013 and Impetus

Time for the obligatory what is ahead for 2013 I guess. Did not have much on the go come December apart from a few Deadball teams and abit of Saga so was thinking this year was going to be abit slow.

However I caught up with Craig C over holiday break up in Timaru and he gave me my first game of Impetus. Have to say I really enjoyed it which set in my mind my project for 2013 - an Impetus army.

However what list to do as they cover a huge range of history? Mind made up when I heard Tim and co in Wellington were about to start up armies based around Asia. I really liked some of the Chinese 28mm figures on the net so Chinese it is.

I find I need a goal to work towards when starting a new army. Last year I focused on getting my FOW Fallshirmjagers army ready so I could play at Southcon (our local gaming convention in June). So why not the same this year! So I have offered to run an Impetus tournament at Southcon this year. Hopefully some of the Wellington guys will come down plus the Timaru and Christchurch Impetus players. Should be fun.

No figures ordered yet as am waiting for the latest Impetus book to come out (Extra Impetus 5) which has lots of Asian lists in including my Chinese. It is out end of January and I have it on preorder. So once I have that the planning will start which is the part I enjoy the most. In the meantime a trip to the library is in order to brush up on my Chinese history...

Details here re Southcon http://forum.nzwargamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10422


No comments:

Post a Comment