And so it began...

My intention for this blog is for it to be a record of my gaming experiences, trials, tribulations and painting and modelling efforts.

Sunday 3 June 2012

Southcon Flames of War 2012

Well my first FOW tournanment is now all behind me. 6 great games with very patient, friendly and helpful opponents. The FJ did pretty well coming up with 4 wins so I was pretty happy with that. Anyway here are some pics from the tournament.

The venue at Forbury


My favourite table 'Stalingrad' (though I never got to play on it)

British paras - Played them in game 2 and had a win thanks to my panzerpah patrol zipping along a road at breakneck speed to start the struggle for an objective
Fisrt game against Nick's 'Kiwis'. A very good player who taught me alot which helped later on in the tournament
                          


Nasty staghound list that had me on the ropes but somehow thanks to a command stand from my Nebelwerfers contesting an objective I some how won.

Callum's armoured lst that gave me a right royal beating.

My finished army plus display board I put together. The medal at the bottom right I got for playing my first Flames event at Southcon.

Bit more of a close up.
Now that I have had a chance to have a good play with them I probably might change things abit, maybe by dropping the panzerpah light patrol and maybe adding in some air support or some LG40s I can deploy with my FJ platoons (don't like being surronded by armoured vehicles and shot at with no viable response).

So what is next? Well thinking about going up to Call To Arms in Wellington later in the year to play Flames. they are running late war at 1750 points which would allow me to run a cassino list and maybe add in some stugs and air so that could be fun. But before then I have got a load of Dystopian Wars models to paint...

No comments:

Post a Comment